The academic year of the Master of Arts in Politics and Security Programme (Central Asia) is divided into four semesters:
• Fall Semester, 1 Sep, 2016 - 16 Dec, 2016
• Winter Semester, 9 Jan, 2017 - 21 Apr, 2017
• Spring Semester, 2 May, 2017 - 30 Jun, 2017
• Research work, 3 Jul, 2017 - 18 Aug, 2017
• Fall Semester, 21 Aug, 2017 - 15 Dec, 2017
Fall, Winter, Spring Semesters
Students take full-term and modular courses. Full term courses can be required or elective. All modules are required courses. Additionally, students attend colloquium and various non-credit lecturers and seminars.
Students defend their MA thesis proposals at the final Colloquium, fulfill their internships, conduct research, and write their MA theses and take Comprehensive State Exams, which includes Final exams on major subjects and MA thesis defense.
Beginning of Fall Semester. Full-term courses start.
1. International Relations, Mr Payam Foroughi
2. Political Institutions and Processes, Dr Emil Dzhuraev
3. Political Theory, Dr Alexander Wolters
4. Academic Writing, Dr Lance Tillman
5. Current Affairs lecturers
MODULE: THE OSCE
MODULE: HUMAN RIGHTS AND INTERNATIONAL LAW.
9 January –
21 April, 2017
Beginning of Winter Semester. Full term courses start.
1.Contemporary Security Issues, Dr Alexander Wolters
2. Aentral Asian Politics and Security, Dr Emilbek Dzhuraev
3. Political Economy, Dr Tomoyuki Hashimoto
4. Research Methods, Mr Payam Foroughi
5. MA Thesis Seminar, Dr Emilbek Dzhuraev, Dr Tomoyuki Hashimoto
6. Current Affairs lecturers
MODULE: PREVENTION, MANAGEMENT AND RESOLUTION OF CONFLICTS.
NO FULL-TERM COURSES DURING THIS PERIOD.
MODULE: POLITICAL ISLAM
Dr Tim Epkenhans
|2 May - 30 June, 2017||SPRING SEMESTER|
Beginning of Spring Semester. Full term courses start.
1. MA Thesis Seminar, Dr Emilbek Dzhuraev, Dr Tomoyuki Hashimoto
ELECTIVE MODULAR (min 5 modules):
|21 August - 15 December, 2017||FALL SEMESTER|
|21 August - 20 October||INTERNSHIP PERIOD.|
|4 December||COMPREHENSIVE STATE EXAMS.|
|6-7 December||MA THESIS DEFENCE.|
END OF SEMESTER.