On 21 July Dr. Rahat Sabyrbekov, OSCE Academy Postdoc Fellow, participated in online dialogue on "Eco-Friendly Cities and Economic Solutions of the Academic Community to Achieve this Goal," as part of the 75 Minutes of Dialogue series organized by the United Nations Academic Impact to celebrate the 75th anniversary of the United Nations (UN75). Dr. Sabyrbekov talked about the green economy and why it became a necessity for current economic policies. He discussed how the pandemia accelerated the digitalization of the economy and decreased sharply the transport emissions. Dr. Sabyrbekov also highlighted that these times created good opportunities for research and learning from anywhere in the world.
Together with Dr. Sabyrbekov, the participants of the dialogue were:
• Mr. Vladimir Moshkalo, Head of the UN Environment Programme Russia Office
• Mr. Sergey Korotkov Director of the UNIDO Centre for International Industrial Cooperation in the Russian Federation
• Dr. Galimkair Mutanov, Rector of al-Farabi Kazakh National University
• Dr. Zhanna Mingaleva, Doctor of Economics, Professor, Perm National Research Polytechnic University, Russia
• Dr. Olga Ponizova, Executive Director, Centre for Environment and Sustainable Development "ECO-Accord," Russia
The recording of the discussion is available in Russian language: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7CLPDLZp7M