Position: Trainee for the Research and Training Unit
Organization: Public Foundation “OSCE Academy in Bishkek”
Location: Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic, 1 A Botanichesky pereulok
Job Status: Full-time
The OSCE Academy in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan invites applications to its Position of Trainee for the Research and Training Unit.
The OSCE Academy in Bishkek is a public foundation, created in 2002 as a result of the partnership between the Kyrgyz Government and the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE). The OSCE Academy promotes values and principles of the OSCE through research, post-graduate education, professional trainings, and intellectual exchange.
The OSCE Academy provides an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience in the Research and Training Unit. Its professional and dynamic team, the opportunity to acquire and develop qualifications in an educational institution within an international context are the advantages of working at the OSCE Academy in Bishkek.
Under the supervision of the Post-Doctoral Researcher and the Head of the Research and Training Unit, the trainee will be working on the following tasks:
- Assisting with drafting reports and publications
- Creating and managing database of trainers, experts and organizations
- Collecting data for the R&T Unit as requested
- Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Organizational and administrative
- Collecting and processing applications for trainings and fellowships, including managing large numbers of email correspondences
- Providing logistical and organizational support for trainings, conferences and other events
- Drafting administrative documents related to the above-mentioned tasks.
Qualifications and eligibility:
- Candidates for this position should meet the following requirements:
- BA or MA degree in Social Sciences
- Experience in working with data in Excel
- Knowledge of STATA software package would be an asset
- Experience in organising academic events
- Experience in conducting social science research
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and Russian
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
Interested applicants should submit their application in Russian and/or English including:
1) Cover Letter, one A4 page no more than 300 words
2) CV of maximum 2 pages
3) Two reference letters (dated 2018- 2020);
4) Copies of diplomas, certificates and other documents to support the declared candidacy
Interested candidates should apply by sending all required documents (one single file in PDF format) via e-mail to: email@example.com with the Subject “Vacancy of Trainee for the Research and Training Unit”.
Deadline is: 28.03.2021, 18:00 Bishkek time
Applications that do not meet the requirements will not be accepted for consideration!
Only successfully selected candidates will be notified of further selection procedures.
The OSCE Academy in Bishkek is an equal-opportunity institution. It operates on the principle of non-discrimination. All recruitment decisions are taken on the basis of best qualification of the candidates, with consideration of regional and gender balance.