Event venue: OSCE Academy in Bishkek
Application Deadline: 15 September 2019, 5 PM Bishkek Time
The OSCE Academy in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, welcomes applications to the position of Trainee as research assistant to OSCE Academy Director.
The OSCE Academy in Bishkek is a public foundation, created in 2002 between the Kyrgyz Government and the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE). The OSCE Academy promotes values and principles of the OSCE through research, post-graduate education, professional trainings, and intellectual exchange. Its highly demanding MA Programmes in the fields of “Economic Governance and Development” and “Politics and Security (Central Asia)” annually accept up to 60 young professionals from Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan and Mongolia on a competitive basis. The Academy seeks to strengthen its capacity to develop and implement research projects and to engage in collaborative research programmes. At the same time the Academy engages into professional trainings and organises regular seminars to a broader audience of interested young professionals from the region.
The Trainee will be assisting the Director of the Academy in his academic researches. S/he will be supervised in her/his activities by the Director.
The position of Trainee will be granted as full-time position for a three-month period starting at the beginning of October 2019. The position will be based in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan.
Key duties and responsibilities of the Trainee are as follows:
Under the supervision of the Director the trainee will be working on the following tasks:
• Collect materials for a data base of political speeches in Central Asia
• Collect information on student exchange programmes in Central Asia
• Assist in research on education in Central Asia
In addition, the Trainee is required to:
• Draft administrative documents related to tasks
• Provide logistical and organizational support when needed
• Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by Director
Qualifications and eligibility
Candidates for this position should meet the following requirements:
• BA degree in Social Sciences
• Experience in conducting social science research
• Excellent knowledge of Russian, good command of English
• Knowledge of research techniques
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills
The OSCE Academy will provide/cover:
• Competitive honorarium for Trainee position in the amount of 200 €;
• Office space and computer (in the institute’s library), as well as access to all facilities of the OSCE Academy.
NOTE: The Academy will not cover health insurance and expenses of family members.
Interested applicants should submit their application including:
- A cover letter;
- A CV with two references provided in 2017-2019;
How to apply?
Send CV and a cover letter in one single PDF document not more than 3 pages in total saved as Mr/Mrs_YourName_YourSurname to Ms. Venera Mambaeva, Research and Training Assistant: email@example.com (with “Trainee” in the subject line) by 15 September 2019, 5 PM Bishkek time. Please note that we do NOT accept applications after the deadline.
Please NOTE that only selected candidates will be contacted for interview.
The OSCE Academy in Bishkek is an equal-opportunity institution. It operates on the principle of non-discrimination. All recruitment decisions are taken on the basis of best qualification of the candidates, with consideration of regional and gender balance.