Application Deadline: October 15, 2019
The OSCE Academy in Bishkek is a public foundation, established in 2002 by the Kyrgyz Government and the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE). The OSCE Academy promotes the principles and values of the OSCE through post-graduate education, professional trainings, research and intellectual exchange. Its demanding MA Programmes in the fields of “Economic Governance and Development” and “Politics and Security (Central Asia)” on a highly competitive basis enrol a total of up to 60 young professionals per year, from Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan.
The OSCE Academy in Bishkek is looking for Lecturers for the following courses in its Economic Governance & Development Programme:
WINTER SEMESTER: January – April, 2020
• Economic Governance and Regulation, 4-credit, 15 weeks
• Econometrics, 4-credit, 15 weeks
• Economic Law, 4-credit, 15 weeks
• German as a Foreign Language, 4-credit, 15 weeks
• Special Topics in Economics (suggested by the applicants), 2-3 credits, short-term (1-2 weeks)
• Economics and Sustainable Management of Mineral Resources, 2 credits, short-term module (1-2 weeks)
SPRING SEMESTER: May – June, 2020
• German as a Foreign Language, 2-credit, 8 weeks
• Integrated Water Management, 2 credits, short-term module (1-2 weeks)
• Economics and Regulation of Energy Sector, 4-credit, 3 weeks
• MA Thesis Seminar, 2-credit, 8 weeks
The aim of the courses is to provide a graduate level survey of these fields introducing students to main theories and methodological approaches as well as the most relevant topics in the academic debate. The courses are expected to be taught on advanced level involving lectures, seminars, research assignments, and individual student mentoring. The specific course topics as well as the course design should be discussed with the management of the MA programmes.
Candidates for this position should meet the following requirements:
• PhD degree in a related field
• Record of teaching excellence and service
• Record of peer-reviewed publications
• Excellent knowledge of English
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills
The OSCE Academy will provide/cover:
• 1360 – 1550 EUR / credit as gross salary. Final amount depending on interview results
• Visa and work permit support
• Office space and computer, as well as access to all facilities of the OSCE Academy
NOTE: The Academy will not cover transport, accommodation, health insurance and expenses of family members. The Academy, however, assists with all issues related to travelling to Bishkek and finding housing in the city.
Interested applicants should submit the following documents:
• A cover letter, indicating the preferred course(s)
• A CV with two references
• Results of past student evaluations (if available)
• A draft syllabus
The application package should be sent as one single file in PDF format to email@example.com with the subject line “EGD lecturer position” by 15 October 2019, 6.00 pm Bishkek time.
Only successfully selected candidates will be notified of further selection procedures.
The OSCE Academy in Bishkek is an equal-opportunity institution. It operates on the principle of non-discrimination. All recruitment decisions are taken on the basis of best qualification of the candidates, with consideration of regional and gender balance.