The OSCE Academy in Bishkek is a public foundation, established in 2002 by the Kyrgyz Government and the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE). It promotes the principles and values of the OSCE through undergraduate and post-graduate education, professional trainings, research and intellectual exchange.
BA Programme in Economics enrolls up to 20-25 students on a highly competitive basis each year. It is a full time programme and requires the arrival of the student in Bishkek. The programme is designed for talented applicants with a strong learning and work discipline who wish to gain an education in the areas of international development studies, economics and questions of good governance.
The programme starts on 1 September 2023. It is organised as a full-time study and requires students to reside in Bishkek during the education period.
Applicants must meet the following admission criteria:
• Citizenship of one of the following countries: Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, or of any other participating State of the OSCE;
• Successful completion of secondary general or secondary vocational education (certificate of secondary general education or diploma of secondary vocational education);
• Advanced level of English;
• Additionally, the Kyrgyz Republic’s citizens must have the National Test Certificate (main test and mathematics).
• Full tuition fee waiver
• Monthly stipend of 300 euros
• Round trip travel (economy class) and visa costs from home country to Bishkek.
• Medical insurance (except for the citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic)
• Internship at partner organizations (for the best students)
Admission process for citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic
1st stage - Registration for English Proficiency Test (Deadline is 23 May 2023)
(Incomplete application will not be taken into consideration.)
2nd stage - English Proficiency Test at the OSCE Academy (in May and June).
3rd stage - Register and apply through the Ministry of Education and Science’s admission portal (main test and mathematics) on https://2020.edu.gov.kg/ . Only current year’s results are accepted.
4th stage – The list of “Recommended for enrollment” candidates announced, based on the results of the tests (main test and mathematics).
5th stage - Candidates submit all required documents in time. Late submission is not accepted.
6th stage - If required number of students is not launched, the next round is opened through the portal of the Ministry of Education and Science.
Admission process for International students
1st stage - Register for the admission tests using the online form (Deadline was 18 April 2023)
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for the 2nd stage - testing.
2nd stage - Admission Test on Mathematics and English Proficiency Test in Tashkent (26 April 2023), Astana (27 April 2023), and Dushanbe (27 April 2023).
3rd stage – Final list of “Recommended for enrollment” candidates is announced, based on the results of the tests.
4th stage – “Recommended for enrollment” candidates register through the portal of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Kyrgyz Republic to submit required documents https://edugate.edu.gov.kg/ .
* Please note that the Academy CANNOT enroll candidates who have no registration on the Ministry of Education of Science of the Kyrgyz Republic’s portals https://2020.edu.gov.kg/ for citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic and https://edugate.edu.gov.kg/ for international students.
** The OSCE Academy will not enroll candidates who did not take the Academy’s Test.
If you seek further information, please contact us via:
Tel.: +996 (312) 54-32-00, 54-12-00