The OSCE Academy is an institution of higher education located in Bishkek, capital of the Kyrgyz Republic (Kyrgyzstan), focused on development, economics, governance and security. Established in 2002 via a partnership between the Kyrgyz government and the Organisation for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE), the Academy offers undergraduate and (post-)graduate degrees, as well as professional training, and regularly serves as a platform of international intellectual exchange. Our focus is on the OSCE region as a whole, with emphasis on post-Soviet Central Asia and the Caucasus. We also work on the broader OSCE ‘backyard’, such as Afghanistan and Mongolia, and other international organisations, such as the European Union (EU), the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS), the Collective Security Treaty Organisation (CSTO), the Shanghai Cooperation Ogranisation (SCO), and so on.
The Academy is developing a reserve list (‘roster’) of experts to support its various activities. Experts included in the roster will be hired on an ad hoc and short notice basis for the following services:
• Peer reviewers of academic submissions, including research papers, policy briefs and other publications. Reviews will be conducted in a double-blind fashion.
• Moderators of events, including conferences, workshops and round tables. Moderators must be capable of speaking either English, Russian and/or Kyrgyz.
• English-language proofreaders/editors, including native speakers and those with a credentialed C2 level of fluency in English. Proficiency in British spelling conventions is strongly preferred but not required.
• Russian language proofreaders/editors, likewise including native speakers and those with a credentialed C2 level of fluency in Russian.
• Kyrgyz language proofreaders/editors, likewise including native speakers and those with a credentialed C2 level of fluency in Kyrgyz.
• Other local language proofreaders/editors, likewise including native speakers and those with a certified C2 level of fluency in the local language.
Conditions: Applicants will be included in the roster on the basis of their academic qualifications and/or professional experience in either the Academy’s regional and thematic focii and/or the services needed. Once included, experts will be hired for services on the basis of service contracts. Renumeration for services provided will be based according to the Academy’s internal rates of financial compensation.
To apply: Please complete the application form and attach with it your CV and a cover letter. Your cover letter need not be very long. Simply clearly state the services for which you wish to be included in the roster and outline your relevant credentials and/or professional experiences.
Application period: 24 August 2022 – 6 September 2022
Please send in one single file in PDF format via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in the subject line the title of the position for which you are applying. Example: PEER REVIEWER_MR_NAME_SURNAME.