Position: Driver – maintenance officer
Organization: Public Foundation “OSCE Academy in Bishkek”
Location: Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic, 1 A Botanichesky pereulok
Job Status: Roster position
The OSCE Academy in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan re-advertises the call for applications to its Position of a driver-maintenance officer (roster position).
The OSCE Academy in Bishkek is a public foundation, created in 2002 as a result of the partnership between the Kyrgyz Government and the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE). The OSCE Academy promotes values and principles of the OSCE through research, post-graduate education, professional trainings, and intellectual exchange. The OSCE Academy provides an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience and work in professional and dynamic team.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- ensures professional driving (transportation of employees and courier services) within Kyrgyzstan;
- applies excellent knowledge of driving regulations, safety requirements, traffic and conditions and most desirable routes to minimize travel time. Assists passengers in entering or leaving the office vehicle; load and unload baggage, parcels, documents, goods or supplies;
- responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned office vehicle(s), checks oils, water, battery, brakes, tires, etc., performs minor repairs and arranges for other repairs and ensures that the office vehicle is kept clean.
- delivers and collects mail, documents when required;
- makes minor purchases and collects urgently required goods from suppliers on demand;
- identifies and resolves technical issues in the building/s to ensure its full functionality (electrical maintenance, plumbing, minor building repairs), maintains the garden and the adjoining territory, provides other technical support as required;
- performs miscellaneous job-related duties as required.
- BA degree;
- Fluency in Russian language. Good command of English language is an asset;
- Five years of work experience as a driver; safe driving record; valid driver’s license D category;
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations and chauffeur courtesies, skills in minor vehicle repair, initiative and discretion;
- Solid experience in maintenance worker job;
- Some knowledge in and experience of application of PC software technologies.
- A developed sense of time-management, responsibility, sociability, the ability to maintain business communication, to respect and promote individual and cultural differences, to ensure the effective use of resources;
- No criminal record;
- Analytical skills for information processing.
To apply please send in English and/or Russian:
2) Two reference letters (dated 2020 - 2022);
3) Copies of diplomas, driver’s license and other documents to support the declared candidacy
in one single file in PDF format via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or bring hard copies of documents in a sealed envelope to the Academy’s address. Please include in the subject line the title of the position (Driver-maintenance officer, re-advertisement) you are applying for.
Deadline is: 15 December 2022, 18:00 Bishkek time
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the Academy’s station.
The OSCE Academy in Bishkek is an equal-opportunity institution. It operates on the principle of non-discrimination. All recruitment decisions are taken on the basis of best qualification of the candidates, with consideration of regional and gender balance.