Application Deadline: 29 February 2024
The OSCE Academy in Bishkek is a public foundation, created in 2002 as a result of the partnership between the Kyrgyz Government and the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE). The OSCE Academy promotes values and principles of the OSCE through research, undergraduate, post-graduate education, professional trainings, and intellectual exchange. The need for a Psychologist for the OSCE Academy in Bishkek has come to the fore due to the many political, social and cultural developments in the students’ home countries that can affect learning and the adaptation to new environments.
Under the supervision of the Academy’s Management, in collaboration with relevant permanent and academic staff, the Psychologist will ensure assessment and implementation of psycho-social interventions to support the teaching process and to maximize MA, BA students’ learning successes, help with relevant adjustment and interaction processes. Working schedule is negotiable but not least than 20 hours per week. Monthly payment rate will be based on the candidate’s qualification.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide short-term, solution-focused individual counselling to the OSCE Academy students in order to help identifying students’ learning and behavioural needs and dealing with related problems;
• Help students and related academic staff to navigate interpersonal difficulties and tensions that risk affecting academic performances;
• When required, assess individuals in dealing and overcoming mental, emotional, or substance abuse problems, including abuse of alcohol, tobacco, and/or other drugs
• Provide online counselling for students and related academic staff when required;
• Observe the Academy’s proper rules and regulations and/or relevant Kyrgyz legislation that govern the practice of student counselling;
• Assist in developing specific guidelines, in conducting a planned training programme of psychological services for students, academic personnel;
• Write reports, make recommendations to the Academy staff on promoting student’s academic success and wellbeing.
Candidates for this position should meet the following requirements:
• Degree in psychology, supplemented by proper training experience with emphasis on young and mid-age people who are finding it difficult to manage their emotions;
• Reasonable professional experience in the field of counselling and psychotherapy support;
• Knowledge of at least one psychotherapy type, evidenced by formal training or certification;
• Knowledge of applicable Kyrgyz legal / normative regulations that govern counselling in education;
• Fluency in English and Russian languages;
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal communication and rapport building skills
• Patience, ability and willingness to work with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity
• Ability to use discretion when discussing confidential information and ability to maintain professional integrity
• Great organizational and time-keeping skills
Interested applicants should submit their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 29 February 2024, 6.00 pm Bishkek time. Application documents must be merged into one PDF file containing:
• Cover letter: a one A4 page with no more than 300 words.
• CV with valid contact information;
• 2 reference letters (issued 2020-2023);
• Copies of educational documents, certificates and other documents in support of professional background and language proficiency.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified of further selection procedures.
The OSCE Academy in Bishkek is an equal-opportunity institution. It operates on the principle of non-discrimination. All recruitment decisions are taken on the basis of best qualification of the candidates, with consideration of regional and gender balance.