Organization name: The OSCE Academy in Bishkek
Location: Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
Closing date of application: 28 February 2017
Background: The OSCE Academy in Bishkek is announcing the vacancy of Communications Coordinator. The OSCE Academy in Bishkek is designed to promote and enhance the principles and values of the OSCE in the Central Asia. Located in Bishkek, the OSCE Academy is strongly embedded in the wider Central Asian academic and political context and follows a distinctive regional approach. As a regional centre for post-graduate education, capacity building, research and regional dialogue the Academy offers an absorbing and demanding program for its key stakeholders, including scholars and researchers, civil society activists, policy makers and academic and developmental institutions.
Duties and responsibilities:
The Communications Coordinator is expected to:
- Maintain positive relations with Academy’s major stakeholders;
- Plan, develop and implement communications strategies;
- Prepare and supervise production of publicity brochures, handouts, direct mail leaflets; promotional items and multimedia programs;
- Assist in production and publication of policy briefs, policy papers and other materials;
- Assist in organization of public events including public lectures, conferences and etc. (photo and video support);
- Write and distribute press releases to targeted media;
- Produce presentations, articles and reports;
- Maintain and update information on the Academy's website;
- Manage and update information and engage with users on social media sites such as Twitter and Facebook.
- Bachelor or master’s degree from an accredited university in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or other related fields;
- Not less than 3 years of progressive relevant working experience;
- Excellent proficiency in English and Russian languages;
- Knowledge of Kyrgyz language is an asset;
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing;
- Awareness of different media agendas;
- Photography and video editing skills;
- Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media;
How to apply:
Interested candidates should provide CV, copies of diplomas, two recommendation letters in a sealed envelope marked “Communications Coordinator” by 28 February 2017 to the address: 1 A Botanichesky pereulok, Bishkek.
Only appropriate candidates will be contacted and invited to the interview.
The OSCE Academy in Bishkek is an equal-opportunity institution. It operates on the principle of non-discrimination. All recruitment decisions are taken on the basis of best qualification of the candidates, with consideration of regional and gender balance.