The OSCE Academy Associate Research Fellowship (ARF) was launched in 2017 and aims to support PhD Candidates and/or Post-Doctoral researchers in conducting their research projects and provide institutional affiliation to independent researchers. The length of the fellowship is from six to twelve months and is open for Bishkek-based and non-Bishkek residents.
The Academy provides Fellows with access to the library and all available online resources as well as with an opportunity to present their research and to deliver a lecture to students and the public.
The ARF is unpaid. In exceptional cases the final publication can be remunerated with a honoraria.
The Associate Research Fellow is expected to:
- make a presentation on her/his research at least once within six months to an interested audience, organised by the Academy;
- make a contribution to one of the following publishing outlets of the OSCE Academy in Bishkek:
- Central Asia Policy Briefs http://osce-academy.net/en/research/policy-briefs/ ;
- OSCE Academy Working Paper series;
- OSCE Academy Yearbook;
To apply please send to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- cover letter specifying the duration of stay
- copy of passport
- curriculum vitae
- a short project proposal and a plan for the implementation of the research project
Prior to the establishment of the Associate Research Fellowship the OSCE Academy in Bishkek hosted scholars conducting academic and policy-relevant research on themes related to comprehensive security in Central Asia as Visiting Researchers.