The OSCE Academy in Bishkek is a public foundation, established in 2002 by the Kyrgyz Government and the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE). It promotes the principles and values of the OSCE through undergraduate and post-graduate education, professional trainings, research and intellectual exchange. The Academy’s Bachelor of Arts Programme is designed for talented applicants with a strong learning and work discipline who wish to gain an education in Economics.
BA Programme in Economics enrolls up to 25 students on a highly competitive basis each year. It is a full time programme which starts on 1 September 2024, and requires students to reside in Bishkek during the education period.
Academy offers financial support/scholarship as follows:
• Full tuition fee waiver
• Monthly stipend of 300 euros
• Round trip travel (economy class) from home country to Bishkek and visa costs (for applicable students)
• Internship at partner organizations (for the students meeting Academy’s requirements)
Applicants must meet the following admission criteria:
• Citizenship of one of the following countries: Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, or other participating states of the OSCE;
• Successful completion of secondary general or secondary vocational education (certificate of secondary general education or diploma of secondary vocational education);
• Advanced level of English;
• Applicants-citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic must also provide the National Test Certificate (ОРТ).
Application process for the applicants - KYRGYZ CITIZENS:
1st stage - Registration for internal examinations via online form.
2nd stage - Internal examinations at the OSCE Academy.
3rd stage - Registration through the Ministry of Education and Science’s admission portal with the National Test Certificate (ОРТ) https://2020.edu.gov.kg/. Only current (2024) year’s results are accepted.
Application process for the INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS:
1st stage - Registration for the admission tests using the online form by 25 March 2024.
Only short - listed candidates will be invited for the tests.
2nd stage - Admission test on Mathematics and English Proficiency Test.
3rd stage - Online interview.
4th stage - Registration through the Ministry of Education and Science’s admission portal https://edugate.edu.gov.kg/.
* Please note that the Academy CANNOT enroll candidates who have no registration on the Ministry of Education of Science of the Kyrgyz Republic’s portals https://2020.edu.gov.kg/ for citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic and https://edugate.edu.gov.kg/ for international applicants.
** The OSCE Academy WILL NOT enroll candidates who did not take the Academy’s tests.
For additional information please contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.