Application deadline (prolonged) – 15 February 2022, 11 pm (Bishkek time)
The OSCE Academy in Bishkek is a public foundation, established in 2002 by the Kyrgyz Government and the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE). The OSCE Academy promotes the principles and values of the OSCE through post-graduate education, professional trainings, research and intellectual exchange. Its demanding MA Programmes in the fields of “Economic Governance and Development” and “Politics and Security (Central Asia)” enroll a total of up to 60 students on a highly competitive basis each year. They are designed for young professionals with a strong work ethic who wish to broaden their education in the areas of political sciences, security studies, international relations, conflict prevention, international development studies, economics and questions of good governance.
The programmes start on 1 September 2022 and end on 29 February 2024. All enrolled students must participate in the preparatory Summer School from 1 to 26 August 2022. Both MA programmes are organized as full-time studies and require from students to travel and live in Bishkek.
TO APPLY PLEASE, REGISTER AND COMPLETE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM:
MA in Politics and Security: START THE APPLICATION
MA in Economic Governance and Development: START THE APPLICATION
Applicants must meet the following admission criteria:
• Successful completion of an academic degree of higher education (four-year BA, MA, Specialist Diploma) in a related academic field
• Advanced level of English
• Citizenship of one of the seven Programme Countries of the Academy (Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan) or of any other participating State of the OSCE.
• Full tuition fee waiver
• Stipend of 360 euros per month (18 months)
• Round trip travel to Bishkek (economy class)
• Medical insurance (except for the citizens of Kyrgyzstan)
• Funded exclusive internship opportunities in Europe (OSCE Secretariat in Vienna, Norwegian Institute of International Affairs in Oslo, Geneva Centre for Security Policy, Aleksanteri Institute of the University of Helsinki, etc.) for top GPA students • Strong Alumni Networks and numerous opportunities after graduation.
If you seek further information please contact:
MA in Politics and Security Programme: MA-PS@osce-academy.net
MA in Economic Governance and Development Programme: MA-EGD@osce-academy.net
Only successful candidates will be contacted for further testing and interviews!