Master of Liberal Arts and Sciences in Human Rights and Sustainability 2024-2026
Application deadline – 31 January 2024, 11.00 pm (Bishkek time)
The OSCE Academy in Bishkek is a public foundation, established in 2002 by the Kyrgyz Government and the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE). The OSCE Academy promotes the principles and values of the OSCE through post-graduate education, professional trainings, research and intellectual exchange.
Master of Arts in Human Rights and Sustainability (MAHRS) is the Academy’s recent MA Programme in the field of “Human rights and Sustainability” that will enroll a total of up to 20 students on a highly competitive basis. It is designed for young scholars and professionals aiming to study International Human Rights Law, Good Governance and Sustainability Principles, Norms and Standards with a focus on Central Asian Region. The programme is financed by the European Union (EU) and the OSCE Academy in Bishkek and implemented in cooperation with the Global Campus of Human Rights in Venice - the biggest academic network educating the next generation of professionals in the field of Human Rights. It consists of about 100 universities around the world and has regional headquarters in Argentina, Armenia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Lebanon, South Africa, and Thailand.
This is a full-time programme that starts on 1 September 2024 and runs 18 months. Students are required to travel and be based in Bishkek.
TO APPLY PLEASE, REGISTER AND COMPLETE AN ONLINE APPLICATION FORM:
To apply, applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Successful completion of an academic degree of higher education (four-year BA degree, Specialist Diploma, or final year BA program) in the field of social sciences, humanities, law, sociology, international relations, political sciences or other equivalent subjects;
• Citizenship of one of the following countries: Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan or of any other OSCE participating State;
• Demonstrated professional and/or research interest in human rights, sustainability and democratization in Central Asia.
• Advanced level of English (at least 6.5 on the IELTS or 90 on the TOEFL);
OSCE Academy offers:
• Tuition-free studies
• Monthly Stipend of 450 EUR
• Round trip travel to/from Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan (economy class) *
• Basic medical insurance coverage (except for the citizens of Kyrgyzstan)
• Funded internship opportunities in Europe for top GPA students*
If you need further information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further testing and interviews!
* subject to the OSCE Academy’s internal rules and regulations