BA Programme in Economics enrolls up to 20-25 students on a highly competitive basis each year. It is a full time programme and requires the arrival of the student in Bishkek. The programme is designed for talented applicants with a strong learning and work discipline who wish to gain an education in the areas of international development studies, economics and questions of good governance.
Economic growth and development, global financial crisis and consequences, efficient use of natural resources, international organizations and their effect on the global economy, government’s regulation of the national economy, working with a large volume of economic data, and more challenges are waiting for new approaches. We are waiting for you at the OSCE Academy in Bishkek for finding new approaches together.
We will consider the world economy as a global economic system, and study actors and factors. Students will have a solid knowledge on how to interact with different actors and manage affecting factors. Upon completion students may pursue a career in international organizations, international businesses, etc. or apply for further studies in the master's programmes.
Why the OSCE Academy?
The curriculum is approved by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Kyrgyz Republic and supported by the OSCE Program Office in Bishkek, interested participating States and OSCE partners and others. International partners and the Board of Trustees of the OSCE Academy in Bishkek provide comprehensive support in curriculum development, training, internships and other activities.
Here are some other reasons why to choose exclusive “Economics” education at the OSCE Academy in Bishkek:
• Full tuition fee waiver
• Education in English
• Monthly stipend of 300 euros
• Round trip travel (economy class) and visa costs from home country to Bishkek.
• Medical insurance (except for the citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic)
• Faculty members with international experience
• Internship at partner organizations (for the best students)
Bachelor’s programme in Economics of the OSCE Academy in Bishkek offers up-to-date qualitative and quantitative methods for independent systematic and critical thinking.
The main courses taught are:
• History of Economic Thought
• Introductory Microeconomics
• Introductory Macroeconomics
• Finance and Investment
• Intermediate Microeconomics
• Intermediate Macroeconomics
• Economic Development
• Global Economy/World Economy
• Methodology and methods of Research in Economics
• Introductory Data Analysis
Click any links to learn more about the OSCE Academy’s Research and Publications, International Cooperation, Alumni Relations and Library.
Applicants must meet the following admission criteria:
• Citizenship of one of the following countries: Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Mongolia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, or of any other participating State of the OSCE;
• Successful completion of secondary general or secondary vocational education (certificate of secondary general education or diploma of secondary vocational education);
• Advanced level of English;
• Additionally, citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic must have the National Test Certificate (the main test and additional mathematics test). The Ministry of Education and Science of the Kyrgyz Republic sets minimum scores for admission.
How to Apply
Admission process for citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic:
1st stage - Registration for English Proficiency Test here
(Incomplete application will not be taken into consideration.)
2nd stage - English Proficiency Test at the OSCE Academy (in May and June).
3rd stage - Register and apply through the Ministry of Education and Science’s admission portal (main test and mathematics) on https://2020.edu.gov.kg/ . Only current year’s results are accepted.
4th stage – The list of “Recommended for enrollment” candidates announced, based on the results of the tests (main test and mathematics).
5th stage - Candidates submit all required documents in time. Late submission is not accepted.
6th stage - If required number of students is not launched, the next round is opened through the portal of the Ministry of Education and Science.
Admission process for International students:
1st stage - Register for the admission tests using the online form
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for the 2nd stage - testing.
2nd stage - Admission Test on Mathematics and English Proficiency Test in Tashkent (26 April 2023), Astana (27 April 2023), and Dushanbe (27 April 2023).
3rd stage – Final list of “Recommended for enrollment” candidates is announced, based on the results of the tests.
4th stage – “Recommended for enrollment” candidates register through the portal of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Kyrgyz Republic to submit required documents https://edugate.edu.gov.kg/ .
* Please note that the Academy CANNOT enroll candidates who have no registration on the Ministry of Education of Science of the Kyrgyz Republic’s portals https://2020.edu.gov.kg/ for citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic and https://edugate.edu.gov.kg/ for international students.
** The OSCE Academy will not enroll candidates who did not take the Academy’s Test.