BA Programme in Economics enrolls up to 20-25 students on a highly competitive basis each year. It is a full time programme and requires the arrival of the student in Bishkek. The programme is designed for talented applicants with a strong learning and work discipline who wish to gain an education in the areas of international development studies, economics and questions of good governance.
Economic growth and development, global financial crisis and consequences, efficient use of natural resources, international organizations and their effect on the global economy, government’s regulation of the national economy, working with a large volume of economic data, and more challenges are waiting for new approaches. We are waiting for you at the OSCE Academy in Bishkek for finding new approaches together.
We will consider the world economy as a global economic system, and study actors and factors. Students will have a solid knowledge on how to interact with different actors and manage affecting factors. Upon completion students may pursue a career in international organizations, international businesses, etc. or apply for further studies in the master's programmes.
Why the OSCE Academy?
The curriculum is approved by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Kyrgyz Republic and supported by the OSCE Program Office in Bishkek, interested participating States and OSCE partners and others. International partners and the Board of Trustees of the OSCE Academy in Bishkek provide comprehensive support in curriculum development, training, internships and other activities.
Here are some other reasons why to choose exclusive “Economics” education at the OSCE Academy in Bishkek:
• Full tuition fee waiver
• Education in English
• Monthly stipend of 200 euros
• Round trip travel (economy class) and visa costs from home country to Bishkek.
• Medical insurance (except for the citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic)
• Faculty members with international experience
• Internship at partner organizations (for the best students)
Bachelor’s programme in Economics of the OSCE Academy in Bishkek offers up-to-date qualitative and quantitative methods for independent systematic and critical thinking.
The main courses taught are:
• History of Economic Thought
• Introductory Microeconomics
• Introductory Macroeconomics
• Finance and Investment
• Intermediate Microeconomics
• Intermediate Macroeconomics
• Economic Development
• Global Economy/World Economy
• Methodology and methods of Research in Economics
• Introductory Data Analysis
Click any links to learn more about the OSCE Academy’s Research and Publications, International Cooperation, Alumni Relations, Programmes and Library.
Only citizens of the following countries are eligible: Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Mongolia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan.
An applicant must prove the successful completion of secondary general or secondary vocational education (certificate of secondary general education or diploma of secondary vocational education)
Advanced level of English. We accept the following international certificates confirming advanced level of English proficiency and scores:
• TOEFL iBT - 75,
• TOEFL PBT - 538
• TOEFL CBT - 205
• TOEIC - 665
• IELTS - 6,0
• Cambridge English, Advanced/Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) – 169.
If an applicant has none of them, he/she can take English Proficiency Test of the OSCE Academy in Bishkek.
Citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic must have the National Test Certificate (the main test and additional mathematics test). The Ministry of Education and Science of the Kyrgyz Republic sets minimum scores for admission.
How to Apply
Ministry of Education and Science of the Kyrgyz Republic’s online platform* will be used for application process. Please prepare the following documents:
• a copy of your international passport (national ID or certificate of birth for citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic only)
• a copy of your high school diploma or certificate of vocational education
• National Test Certificate (for citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic only)
https://2020.edu.gov.kg/vuz (only for citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic)
https://edugate.edu.gov.kg/ (for international applicants)
* Information about the online platform will be updated every year by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Kyrgyz Republic.