Each semester the Master of Arts in Economic Governance and Development Programme of the OSCE Academy seeks for qualified teaching faculty in the framework of its Teaching and Research Fellowship. The purpose of the Teaching and Research Fellowship is to attract best qualified teaching staff (lecturers) from overseas to conduct graduate level courses on selected subjects. Normally, the Fellows come for one semester and teach one of the following continuous courses:
• Research Methods
• International Financial System
• International Development
• Economics and Regulation of Energy Sector
The aim of the continuous courses is to provide graduate level survey on these subjects, introducing students to major approaches and theories, important topics, and contemporary developments. The courses are expected to be taught on a graduate level involving lectures, seminars, research assignments, and individual student mentoring. Additionally, the fellow is expected to spend 6 hours per week for the preparation of lectures, seminars, assignments, and grading/evaluation of students' assignments. The fellowship also includes office hours for students of approximately 4 hours a week.
During the rest of the time, the fellows are encouraged to conduct their research and will receive full support of the Academy and its partners. The fellows are expected to produce a brief paper based on their research and present the results of their research to the students and the greater audience at the end of the fellowship period.
• a PhD degree in Economics or other related fields;
• relevant teaching and research experience;
• record of teaching excellence and service;
• excellent English;
• effective interpersonal and communication skills;
• both local (regional) and international applicants are eligible to apply.
• Economy class roundtrip airfare from the city of current residence to Bishkek;
• Entry visa expenses to Kyrgyzstan, if any;
• Housing allowance of 400 (gross) Euros (for international fellows only);
• Honorarium of 800 (gross) Euros per month;
• Office space and a computer, as well as access to all of our facilities, including library and JSTOR.
NOTE: The Academy doesn't provide health insurance.
Please, regularly visit the OSCE Academy website to find out about new vacancies. New teaching and research fellowship vacancies will be posted as they become available.